Most of the tutorials I have seen on the Garmin S60 don’t explain nearly enough about how to use the watch. The Garmin videos and website do a very basic job. If you want to learn everything about how your S60 works. grab your watch and follow along. If you want to just see the golf specific functions, jump to 7:10 into the video where I start go over all the golf features. Here’s a summary of the content:
Section 1. BASIC CONTROLS 00:05
– What the 3 buttons do, and the touch screen.
Section 2. WIDGETS 01:07
– How to add, remove and access widgets to see things like how many steps you’ve taken, the weather, text messages, stocks, etc.
Section 3. APPS 02:19
– How to access non-Golf specific Apps, such as Walk, Swim, Run, Row, Cardio tracking, etc.. Add/Remove Apps from the watch.
Section 4. ADVANCED WATCH FEATURES 04:02
– Power on/off watch, locking the watch, Find your Phone, Sync with your Phone, Do Not Disturb, Controlling music/audio on your phone from your watch, connect/disconnect with your phone, Timers.
Section 5. THE GOLF APP 07:10
– Starting a round of golf, distances to center, front and back of green. Elevation adjustments to distances. Touchscreen interactions with the entire hole, finding distances to bunkers/hazards. Changing pin location. Planning out shots. 100/150/200/250 markers to the green.
Section 6. THE GOLF APP (continued) – Changing holes, shot tracking and scoring. 13:04
– Changing what hole the watch thinks you are playing on. Enabling shot tracking, including what clubs you used, scoring details.
Section 7. ADVANCED GOLF APP FEATURES 16:03
– Showing what your typical distances are by club. Compass use when you can’t see the hole. Checking your score during a round. 100/150/200/250 distances in text form. Last shot distance tracker.
Section 8. REMAINING GOLF APP SETTINGS 20:26
– Keeping score by default on/off. 2 player scoring. Handicap scoring. Turn on bigger fonts for main screen. Tournament mode to disable features not allowed in tournaments (e.g. elevation adjusted distances).
Section 9. REMAINING WATCH SETTINGS 23:36
– Setting watch faces, clock formats, adding sensors/accessories, compass calibration, controlling notifications, pairing your phone, syncing, activity tracking, back-light timeout and brightness, software updates.